Wednesday, March 30, 2005

An Early Spring Night

It was warm last night and the walk down my street didn't require any huddling at all. It would be a stretch to call it warm but it was certainly nicer than it has been. Winter in Toronto is long enough that sometime by February you get to believing that it's just a permanent state of affairs, that the weather here will forever suck. In that sense, just being outside the last couple of days has been so completely pleasant. Last night whilst walking, Prince was on my discman. (Yes I know, still no iPod, how gauche of me!) It's nice to know that the utter hellhole of a Canadian winter is not a permanent problem in Toronto. In actuality, the winter is the only thing that has ever made me want to pack it in and leave this town. Now I know that people all over Northern Ontario will say that what Toronto gets is "nothing" compared to what they have to endure. Well I don't care, it's still more than I would care to tolerate. So in that spirit, I'm happy to say that spring seems to be settling in at last.