Friday, April 22, 2005

Grasping at Straws?

So I missed Martin's big speech to the nation last night, but as I understand it, the gist of it was, "Puhleeeeeeze let me govern a little bit longer!" I really cannot imagine what he's going to be able to do between now and February that's really going to change things for him and his government. They are just dead in the water, I don't know what they are going to do to turn things around. Maybe they are working furiously to develop something like those flashbulbs that cause amnesia from Men in Black. The only thing that I'd be willing to predict is that prominent Liberals who had little or nothing to do with the Chretien government must be quietly looking at possible leadership bids (yes, Frank McKenna, I'm looking at you). If we are going to be realistic about this, that's what it will take to rehabilitate this party.