Friday, May 20, 2005

Music

I need to have a moratorium on buying CDs for a while, I have too many already that I haven't fully digested as it were. I can't listen to a CD once and declare it good or bad, I usually take weeks or months to fully figure out what a particular disc can (or cannot) offer me. Plus, it seems like a lot of stuff that's "hot" right now has a new wave-y post-punk vibe (Franz et al), so a lot of records just seem, well, redundant for the time being. I'm not saying that this is bad, for me it beats the pants off of five years ago when everything had a nu-metal vibe. I'd rather the world be cluttered by The Kaiser Chiefs, Bloc Party, Franz, Interpol, and even the The Killers than by, say, Project Wyze, HeadPE, Papa Roach, Alien Ant Farm, Limp Bizkit and all those guys. So I guess I'll count my blessings.