Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Back from kahl-ee-FOUR-nee-yah!

That's California for you non-Arnold speakers. I went there on Friday to for a wedding in Santa Rosa and also to see the sites in San Francisco. I got home Tuesday morning and spent much of yesterday sleeping. I willed myself to stay awake in the afternoon so at least I'd be tired enough to get some sleep in the evening. It worked, I slept 11.5 hours last night. Best. Sleep. Ever. Not that I'm complaining, I know what a red-eye flight entails, and without it, we wouldn't have had all of Monday in San Francisco.

The weather was great the whole time (cooler than it's been here in Toronto actually). There were some really great music moments on the trip. We left the airport in our rental car and drove up through San Francisco listening to the best of Prince. Very good choice, Jay. Retrieving a forgotten ring from the hotel, we listened to Sloan's Twice Removed on the way. We also got in a few spins of All That You Can't Leave Behind while tooling around in our rental.

More observations to follow...