Monday, February 13, 2006

Flying Under the Radar Through Winter

That's what I feel like it's been this last little while. School has nicely taken up pretty much all the free time I might otherwise devote to posting on this little site of mine. In light of that, here is a week or so of updates compressed into one:

I'm sure that many of you have seen something about pandora.com. But if you haven't, then I'll go ahead say that you should. Deb pointed it out to me first, yes, Deb you rock.

I bought a book of Pablo Neruda's poetry. He's one of those poets whose name gets dropped by lots of interesting people. That being the case, I thought I'd check him out, and so now I'm tackling Residence on Earth.

The crazy-making thing with school these days is that I'm having to cite things in a different format than pretty much anything that I used in my undergraduate days. This is, as far as I can see, just some territorial thing, there's no good reason not to have everyone use the same format other than that. Anyway, things just look wrong to my eyes when I cite using APA instead of MLA or the other one that I've used.

Now that I've satisfied everyone's curiosity, I think I'll collect the garbage and recycling for garbage day tomorrow.