Thursday, May 24, 2007

Extreme Reactionaries II

Apparently this site has been set up to promote Sam Brownback's campaign for US President. What kind of people support Brownback for GOP nominee you ask? These kinds of people:
"I can’t say I’m sold on this yet, and I can already envision the reaction the Helioleftists (hat tip: Marcia P.) will have to this post. But I’m serious. I think we need a dialogue- how do we know that NASA has, in fact, been into space? If they haven’t, how can we prove the world is round, instead of being (for the sake of argument) a flat disk with all continents perched on top? I know this sounds crazy, but at one point in time people thought the idea of splitting the atom was crazy, too. Or, probably, slicing bread. Or controlling fire. Or building an Ark just because God told you to."
I'm still not even 100% convinced that this isn't a parody. I mean the ancient Greeks knew about the earth being round. (H/T: The Poor Man)

Labels: