Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Right Wing Sedition

There has been a great deal made of this quote by Thomas Sowell:
"When I see the worsening degeneracy in our politicians, our media, our educators, and our intelligentsia, I can’t help wondering if the day may yet come when the only thing that can save this country is a military coup."
There are no caveats on the coup idea either, this is apparently the belief of Mr. Sowell.

What I wonder about are the quick accusations of treason and/or sedition that are applied to anyone on the left for far less. The right can muse all it wants about overthrowing the government, if the left wants to withdraw troops, is ashamed of a head of state, or wants to attempt talks with an enemy, these are not opinions or policy choices, these are acts of treason!

I'm waiting for right wingers to condemn this new nakedly seditious comment with the same vigour. I suspect that I'll be waiting for a long time.

Labels: , ,