Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Vote MMP - So Your Vote Will Always Count

I can't think of anything else to say about MMP that I haven't said over the past month or so. Every critique offered up against MMP been answered by a whole a host of pro-MMP bloggers. It's been tiring because it seems to have been the same one or two scare tactics (Unstable governments! Small parties holding the balance of power!) that were tossed out repeatedly.

MMP is simple, every vote counts. I'm going to go and vote in a riding where one candidate is absolutely expected to annihilate the competition. If I vote for this candidate, it will only add to a huge majority, if I vote against it won't matter. Why even vote? With MMP my vote will still count. Chances are you may well be in the same position. If you want your vote, and every other citizen's vote to count every time, choose MMP.

Labels: ,