Sunday, April 03, 2005

Old Albums...

I was driving home last night and I was dead tired and "Man on the Moon" by R.E.M. came on the radio. I had sort of forgotten about that song. Not that I didn't remember the tune or the lyrics (I did) but rather I had just put it out of my mind I guess. It's a good song and it got me to thinking how the entire Automatic for the People album is a very solid album. In thinking that, it also occurred to me that I haven't listened to it at all in quite a while. I don't think I overplayed it ever either, I just must have phased it out of my listening habits. I can think of other albums where it's the same thing too. It's not that I'm consciously tired of them or that I feel like they are no longer good albums, I just sort of stop listening to them. So my experiment for tonight will be to listen to Automatic for the People again, just to see how I hear it now.