Monday, July 09, 2007

Pot Busts Rising: Wise Use of Resources?

Since the Conservatives killed decriminalization legislation, pot busts are on the way up again. First of all I should say that whatever pot is supposed to do, it doesn't do it for me, not my thing. I should also say that there are lots of regular users that I know who are perfectly successful, hard working, tax paying citizens. Yes some people have a problem with it I'm sure, just as some people have a problem with booze or a problem with gambling. In both those cases though, the practice is allowed, but not with marijuana.

None of these arguments are new, we know this. I cringe when I think though that my tax dollars are being used to round up people using something that is surely no more harmful than alcohol.

Labels: , ,