Monday, August 15, 2005

Lou's Vigilantes

Watching Lou Dobbs (oh why do I torture myself?) I learned that some whackjob Congressmen in the States want to deputize average citizens to be vigilante border guards. Great, 'cause you know what kind of person is going to sign up for this type thing. That's right kids, the US government would have some underemployed redneck gun-collectors "defending" their borders. Look, at the end of the day, the US, like any nation-state has the right to secure its borders. But having amateurs out there, that's frightening, if it happens, I'll be just waiting for them to end up shooting each other, bystanders, or real qualified border guards. If you need to do something, build a better fence and/or wall, just don't ask me how your fruit or construction industries will manage to function after that.