Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A Snowy Late March

I've been away from here for too long, but I'll take this moment to throw out some updates that I consider worthwhile:

The painting is coming along very well. I think that I might actually pull this one off. If it turns out, I think I may try to sell the thing. I mean, I don't have surplus room for canvases here, there, and everywhere. I never set out to do paintings that exist on a huge scale, but that's where I always end up. I showed the sketch, and sure enough, the first thing that was said was, "make it bigger." And it's entirely the most accurate description, so I can't complain.

It's snowing out here today, I was sure we were going to make a steady and orderly progression towards Spring-like weather from here on in. Apparently, I was mistaken. At least I have a comfy chair and a hot cup of coffee this morning. If you are ever in Lewiston and want the same, stop by The Orange Cat.

Speaking of Lewiston, there was another funeral across the street yesterday. I suppose the stand out more down here since the hearse is not the usual black, but rather a sort of oxblood colour. Seriously though, they always seem to hold these things when I'm around, why? Maybe I'm just not attuned to the patterns of small-town life.