Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Good Local Stuff

Okay, there is something from the clothing show that I really wanted to mention aside from that silly Che chopper. Specifically I wanted to say something about the work of Yasmine Louis. Her silkscreen shirts were amazing, I picked up one of them, and believe me, it was hard to settle on just one of them. The images on these shirts were all from her original photography and I found that there was something about the aesthetic of these shirts that just really made them irresistable. Anyway, if you want a cool silkscreened shirt (or pillow, or what-have-you), I would highly recommend her stuff.

I also want to recommend Leslieville's Le Cafe Vert for eating (in fact, I wore my Yasmine Louis shirt to Vert, what a coincidence). Jam already gave them props, but I ought too as well. Neil, Jam, Lesley and I had a great meal there. Sasha (the owner) is clearly passionate about this place and it shows. Plus, Now gave them a good review, so that can't hurt.
Tags: ,