Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Doing the Franz Ferdinand Dance

Normally I am a hoodie-and-jeans type of guy. That's just what I'm happiest to wear most of the time. Last weekend though I put on this blazer that I had sitting in my closet forever. I was playing bass and I thought, hey I'll make an effort to look nice. Let me tell you, playing in any kind of fancy jacket makes you want to move in that jerky sort of dance that I associate with Franz Ferdinand and all those bands. I thought that maybe that was just my association with dressing up to play music. Neil though was able to provide some independant insight though. In blazers, suit jackets and the like, shoulders become more important to one's physique, and yet more constrained. Neil knows about this kind of thing, so I'll just have to assume that that's correct.