Friday, November 11, 2005

Random Updates

Last night I picked up The Trial by Franz Kafka. In addition to being able to emulate the cover of If You're Feeling Sinister now (that's a copy of The Trial in the background there), it's some more existentialism to tackle. I also picked up Life of Pi finally, everyone I know who's read it says that they love it. Especially Neil, he was always on about reading it.

I now have a monitor with a 16:9 aspect ratio and let me tell you, this blog looks like hell on it. I guess it looks fine with the standard 4:3 ratio (or whatever it is, I know it's 4:3 in televisions) but now with this thing it's sitting in the middle of page with great seas of black on either side. The problem I have with websites is the precision you need to have in creating them. Whenever I'm some kind of creative mode, I'm just terrible with technical precision. I probably would never have taken much visual art in high school if I had to be really precise about what I was I doing. I guess I was lucky to have lots of teachers that encouraged my abstract expressionist chaos. It's the same in music, I'm always tinkering with what I'm playing. I could never be some kind of classical ensemble where I'd have to play everything as written.

Anyway, I'll take a crack at it. I don't know how I feel about it looking like a narrow strand of text dangling in the middle of the page. So let's go for something else.

On the plus side, all of the text looks far crisper on this screen.